equal employment opportunity
Rosewood is dedicated to the principle of equal employment opportunity and will provide opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other status protected by applicable law.
current open positions
This position provides primary transactional legal support in the areas of commercial real estate, property management, corporate facilities, ranches, family office real estate issues, and other real estate/property related matters. The Senior Counsel – Real Estate will work at the company’s Uptown Dallas headquarters. The successful candidate must have the ability to identify and analyze complex legal issues, draft and negotiate a variety of agreements including, without limitation, commercial leases, supplier buying agreements, strategic partnership agreements, service agreements, and other real estate transaction agreements. The successful candidate must also have the ability to present appropriate recommendations to minimize the legal exposure of the company in transactions, litigation, and operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handles real estate transactions, commercial leases, title work, construction contracts, real estate regulatory issues, and ancillary real estate transactional documents and agreements.
- Leads due diligence in real estate deals, including maintaining and preparing checklists, critical deadline reports, reviewing easements, restrictions, environmental reports, zoning matters, and other critical due diligence matters.
- Negotiates directly with opposing parties to resolve existing, ongoing, or anticipated issues.
- Advises the Real Estate Team and actively participates in the resolution of real estate related legal issues and disputes. Accurately identifies and assesses risks and determines and effectuates appropriate course for specific business areas. Identifies, assesses, approves, and recommends changes to business partners.
- Handles complex legal matters within area of responsibility. Retains, monitors, and evaluates the performance of Outside Counsel relationships and budgeting within area.
- Acts as corporate secretary for the Rosewood Property Company, including attending board meetings and preparing corporate minutes, resolutions, consents, and other related duties.
- Handles family office and ranch related real estate matters. Assists the General Counsel on a wide range of matters on an as-needed basis, including real estate-related agreements, transactions, and other matters.
Directly supervises an administrative assistant.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Juris Doctorate required. Must have a current license in the State of Texas.
- 8 to 10 years of recent real estate commercial transactions practice experience required. In-house experience a plus.
- Substantial and direct experience negotiating commercial real estate acquisitions, dispositions, loans and/or leasing with opposing parties. Strong business and financial acumen.
- Leadership experience with the ability to identify and mitigate potential risks through collaboration with executives.
- Established knowledge of multiple types of real estate investments.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Unwavering discipline to represent oneself and the Company with the highest standard of professionalism, ethics, and respect for reputation and confidentiality.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Compensation & benefits
Health, dental and life insurance
Paid sick and personal leave
Health Care Reimbursement Account
Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
Short- and long-term disability coverage
Paid vacation depending on length of service
Health club membership
Employee Assistance Program
Education Assistance Program
Paid parking, or annual e-pass for all Dallas Area Rapid Transit bus and light rail services, including the Trinity Railway Express